Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stay Healthy and Lose Weight with Grapefruit!


Not only is Grapefruit yummy and refreshing...it also provides many health benefits! Grapefruit is high in Vitamin C, which helps to strengthen your immune system and protect against heart disease, stroke and cancer!

"Grapefruits not only contain high amounts of vitamin C, but they also contain large amounts of potassium, vitamin A, and Fiber. Grapefruit contains pectin which is a soluble fiber that has been shown to lower cholesterol and slow the buildup of plaque on the inside walls of blood vessels. Ruby red grapefruit juice also contains lycopene which helps prevent LDL (bad cholesterol) from damaging artery walls. Drinking the juice will give you all of the vitamins and minerals that the actual fruit does but it doesn't contain the fiber....

Research led by Dr. Ken Fujioka from the Nutrition and Metabolic Research Center at Scripps Clinic in California, has shown that people can lose weight eating grapefruits or drinking its juice. In a 12 week study, 100 participants ate what they normally ate each day and only slightly increased the amount of time they exercised. The participants were divided into three groups: one group drank 6 ounces of grapefruit juice before meals, one group ate half a grapefruit before meals, and one group did not eat or drink grapefruit juice. On average, the participants who ate grapefruit or drank grapefruit juice lost nearly 4 pounds, with many losing more than 10 pounds.

Grapefruits are a great way to improve your health and lose weight. They have been a popular diet food for a long time and research has proven they are effective at helping you lose weight and improve your health..." (Natural News)

So here's to YOU Grapefruit! I'll be adding you to my grocery cart next shopping trip! I thought I just might add that many have heard about grapefruit diets and such, I personally think we should take everything in moderation...even Grapefruit which has many health benefits. Rather than going crazy and overdosing on grapefruit, just add it to increase the benefits a healthy diet.

I am getting so ANTSY to get moving again! The sun and warmth has returned and I'm seeing people out walking and jogging....I wish I could take my toddler for a walk in the stroller, but with the pubic symphysis problem, even that is too much right now! Once I have this second baby, I'm hoping things quickly go back to normal and the ligaments tighten up and I can get active right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment